Fluxes are chemical compounds introduced into the molten aluminium bath to improve the quality of cast products. They are blended for specifically targeted processes and areas of application. Fluxes can assist with surface protection, dross treatment, furnace wall cleaning, metal cleaning, hydrogen introduction and grain refinement.
Pyrotek products and equipment for fluxing help optimize cast parts produced downstream and include rotary degassing equipment with flux injection, stationary and portable flux-injection equipment, a variety of fluxes, refining agents and more.
- Extended furnace life
- Reduced environmental impact
- Improved metal quality with lower scrap and melt loss
- Multiple alloy-specific formulations available
- Better process efficiency
- Lower dross processing costs
- Higher metal recovery