Revision Date: 6 Dec 2019
This website is developed and maintained by Pyrotek Incorporated, with its corporate headquarters at:
705 West 1st Avenue
Spokane WA 99201
+1 (509) 926-6212
Information we collect and use
When you visit our website, mobile apps, official social media pages, or other online platforms we are affiliated with, we may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us or provide services to us), and information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially-available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law). Examples include but are not limited to:
- Personal details (e.g., name, date of birth)
- Contact details (e.g., email address, postal address, phone number)
- Demographic information (e.g., your age, gender, zip code, level of education, and interests)
- Website usage information (e.g. IP addresses, information concerning page resolution, browser type)
In some cases, you may provide additional information, including when you choose to personalize your use of our website, when you ask a question of our experts, or when you contact our customer support group.
Children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13 (or such legally required higher age). If we find out that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. Please contact us if you become aware that we have collected personal information relating to a child.
Website usage information
How and why we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to, among other things:
- enhance and personalize your use of our website
- communicate with you in the normal course of business, and provide you with relevant information, content, customer satisfaction follow-up, and advertising (on our website, in newsletters, via e-mail, etc.)
- connect you to a specific provider or with a trusted partner who will provide the information or service that you requested
- carry out background checks or other due diligence prior to engaging you as a service provider;
- ensure that our records are kept accurate and up to date where you, your employees or contractors work on our facilities;
- pay invoices;
- send you marketing communications with your consent;
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject
In addition, we may use anonymous and/or aggregated data to create statistics and reports for various business purposes. We may aggregate anonymous data and share it with our advertisers or partners in order to offer you potentially desirable content, products, and services. In this event, the data privacy laws do not apply.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example, to ensure that order acknowledgments and invoices are prepared and processed correctly;
- to comply with our legal obligations to you, for example, health and safety obligations while you are on our premises, or to a third party (e.g., the taxation authorities);
- consent where applicable, such as for marketing communications;
- to meet our legitimate interests or those of a third party, for example, to ensure that the services we provide are appropriate for your needs, to establish or defend our legal rights or those of a third party, to respond to regulatory or legal requests for disclosure of information, to obtain professional advice and professional services from advisors such as legal, accounting, audit and regulatory advisors; and
- to ensure that your services function correctly with our systems, that any complaints or concerns can be promptly relayed to you, and our records are kept up to date and accurate.
Your rights over your personal information
You have the right to request us to inform you of what personal data we hold relating to you and/or to request that such data be corrected, deleted, or restricted or blocked in accordance with and subject to your legal entitlements.
For these requests, please email email@example.com. Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to process your requests, including verification of your identity, and we may be unable to respond fully to your requests where we have legal requirements to restrict access to your data, retain it or continue to process it.
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
Certain employees of ours and independent contractors we work with have access to your personal information for the purpose of helping us run our business. These employees and contractors have confidentiality and security obligations.
We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services, such as (but not limited to): contact information verification, payment processing, customer service, website hosting, and email delivery services as well as professional advisors.
We may disclose your information to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity; or to any organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
We may disclose your information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, or other legal processes; or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to illegal activities, fraud, physical threats to you, others, or to yourself; or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
Information security and storage
We are committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy, and generally only for as long as is required for the purpose for which it was collected.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law or other international law, including the US.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments in accordance with the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses Document 32004D0915 and Document 32010D0087 and/or other applicable legal safeguards to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
Policy and contact information
Pyrotek is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process, however, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites that we do not provide or operate. We recommend reviewing the privacy notices or policies of these third-party websites to understand their information practices.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and encourage you to review this policy periodically for changes.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority for your jurisdiction.
Data protection officers
Für Deutschland finden Sie die Kontaktinformationen für den Datenschutzbeauftragten von Pyrotek weiter unten
Reimund Gotzen, Pyrotek Engineering Materials, Ltd.
AM Schellberg 20 A