With an in-house laboratory and an array of tools and equipment, Pyrotek is well-equipped for all metallurgical evaluations, providing each customer with insight about quality defects, resulting in fact-based improvements. Melt quality analysis includes measuring absorbed hydrogen gas and various types of inclusions, such as aluminium-oxide and other elements, refractory pieces, mould coating flakes and more.
- Podfa/Prefil inclusion sample assessment
- Metal quality investigations, including examination of product defects
- Filtration problem investigations
- Cross-section microscopy (optical and SEM)
- Access to XRF and XRD for analysis of refractory materials
- Scanning electron microscope, X-ray fluorescence analysis and X-ray diffraction analysis (via affiliation with Lucideon)