Stalk and Riser Tubes
Within the low-pressure casting furnace, air pressure is applied to the top surface of the metal, forcing the higher quality subsurface metal up the stalk or riser tube into the mould cavity. By using the low-pressure process and advanced cooling capabilities, it produces good mechanical properties.
There are two general design options including T-flange and bulk flange. Stalk tubes are also made from ceramic and cast iron materials.
Ceramic material options include aluminium titanate (AlTi), silicon ntride (SiNi), dense fused silica (DFS), Pyrocast FS80LP and O'-Sialon. Ceramics are chosen for their insulation values and long service life.
Cast iron stalk tubes are inexpensive products with no porosity and high mechanical strength which can be designed to customer specifications. Pyrotek also offers design and casting options to extend life and address iron pickup concerns.
- Variety of stalk tube material and design options
- Local Pyrotek sales engineer support
- Local inventory options available
- Aluminium Titanate Stalk Tubes
- Silicon Nitride Stalk Tubes
- Dense Fused Silica Stalk Tubes
- Pyrocast FS80LP Castable Stalk Tubes
- O'-Sialon Stalk Tubes
- Cast Iron Stalk Tubes
|298 Stalk Tubes EN||Datasheet||English|