Industrial Assembler - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 2p - 10p
The Industrial Assembler works from blueprints, sketches or oral instructions, accumulates parts, assembles, disassembles, and performs minor alterations on a variety of standard components. The Assembler position is a very physical job and is constantly on the move!
- Performs bench and floor work as assigned to assemble, construct, build and repair parts for; degassing equipment, metal pumps and similar units. May require some or all of the following functions: grinding, sanding, cementing, wrapping and painting; and laminating.
- Mixing cement as needed.
- Set up or adjust equipment. Ensure assemblies are altered or adjusted for a specified fit or specification range.
- Assist with other assembly projects as needed.
- Use hoists and tow motors to safely move parts and materials.
- Performs tests and works in conjunction with quality inspectors.
- Performs general clean-up work.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels using barcode technology.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our Video!!
- Competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Popcorn Thursday's!
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Diploma/GED. No prior experience required, Specialized schooling and/or on the job-related experience, preferred
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to use bar code scanner to log parts.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to read basic, non-complex blueprints, drawings and sketches. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Required to wear personal protection equipment in designated areas, such as respirators, safety shoes and safety glasses. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods on hard surfaces.
Work in a manufacturing environment where the following applies: presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures including ambient and controlled, light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice