Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Assist in maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies, and staging finished product.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Basic computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products a plus, but not required.
- Critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
High school diploma or GED. Experience working in a warehouse, preferred.
- Open containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer or other hand tools.
- Count, weigh and/or measure incoming or outgoing items in a timely manner. Compare identifying information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records to ensure accuracy.
- Load and unload delivery trucks using hand trucks, pallet jacks or fork lifts.
- Examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with supervisor in a timely manner to rectify.
- Assist in reviewing pick sheets based on customer orders (production demand) and pulling the right products for each order.
- Perform part kitting and delivery of kits to production lines.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Job requires minimal amount of time working at a PC and effective use of a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Frequently required to stand or walk.
Majority of time will be in a warehouse environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open shipping doors. Minimal amount of outdoor work may be required loading/unloading flatbed trucks. The employee is occasionally exposed to warm or hot conditions (non-weather), dust and hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment can be high.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice