Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: 12 Hour Continuous Rotating Nights/Days (7a - 7p or 7p - 7a). Shift differential applies.
This position performs normal laborer work that includes cleaning, cutting, and boxing of products. Assists regular operators in the performance of their operations when required. Available for general clean-up duties.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”.
Must Haves: High school diploma or equivalent, One year of high school math or equivalent.
- Handles materials manually or with hoists, slings, frames, fork trucks, etc.
- Performs routine work such as cleaning, cutting, boxing stock and loading/ unloading of capsules.
- Properly labels materials leaving the department.
- Transports materials and equipment.
- Provides manual labor as directed.
- Assists regular operators when workload requires it, under the direction of either a supervisor or an operator to whom he is assigned. Responsibility not restricted to direct assistance.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Promptly reports all maintenance or safety needs.
- Accurately completes all documents as required.
- Complies with all applicable sections of the Employee Manual including “General Rules of Conduct.”
- Uses a variety of hand and machine tools while working.
- Supports all ISO systems and personnel.
- Obeys all fire and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stands and walks while working.
- Moderate background noise.
- Presence of natural and artificial light.
- Exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled.
- Hard working surfaces for standing and walking.
- Moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice