Supply Chain Buyer/Planner
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Buyer/Planner is responsible for all aspects of material flow from raw material procurement to the delivery of finished goods.
** For a full list of functions and responsibilities, please see job description attached to this posting **
- Accurately prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, review requisitions for goods and services, drive cost improvements, and maintain records of goods and services purchased.
- Precisely review and source to product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all orders to be shipped by planning, coordinating, and verifying availability of materials (inventoried and consumables), and releasing work orders to production using MRP.
- Responsible for quarterly reviews of safety stock parameters. Effectively maintain appropriate levels to support the critical products at the finished goods level, intermediates, and raws on fabricated and purchased items.
- Thoroughly research and analyze potential and existing suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities to make sourcing decisions.
- Provide timely communication to Customer Service and Sales team(s) in the event of a customer order shipping delay.
- Proactively monitor changes in demand and communicate variations to ensure readiness of orders, and to ensure inventory is rightsized.
- Precisely follow proper procedures to account for raw material deviations and process changes.
- Assist the Production Team with inventory transaction issues and investigations and provide resolution to ensure accurate inventory levels and work order costs.
- Collaboratively lead and participate in continuous improvement events and activities to support the business.
- Support Purchasing and Production Scheduling functions as a backup for vacation coverage.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or related field, plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience in production control, planning, and/or purchasing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to anticipate customer expectations and needs, takes necessary actions to provide customer satisfaction, and enlist the assistance of others as necessary.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as MS Office Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and MRP planning and processing.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Exceptional judgement, prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Supply Chain/Planning. Knowledge of supply chain management, materials management and planning fundamentals, including operational management, purchasing, logistics, material requirements planning, inventory management, service scheduling and project management. Strong negotiation skills, including ability to influence and persuade others, develop reasoned arguments, listen and make decisions about how to allocate scarce resources. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain vendor relationships through exceptional customer service. Working knowledge of cost accounting and manufacturing methods and procedures. Strong math, statistics and analytical thinking skills required.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment with occasional work in the manufacturing environment where PPE is required and noise, heat, fumes, and other hazardous environmental elements exist.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
For a full job description, click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice