Human Resources Business Partner
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Business Partner will work in partnership with the management team on Human Resources (HR) related issues. Anticipate and assess HR-related needs and seek to develop integrated solutions that support Pyrotek’s mission, culture and business objectives. Act as a team member champion and change agent. Formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to internal customers. As a member of the USA Human Resources Team ensure strict compliance with all federal, state and local regulations relating to HR, training and any additional assigned areas of responsibility.
** This is only a partial listing of the essential functions. For a full listing of responsibilities, please see job description attached to this posting. **
- As part of the USA HR Team and the local management team(s) develop effective working relationships that enhance positive people management throughout Pyrotek. Influence for good and challenge the team on the development and delivery of their workforce development plans in support of the achievement of the business and HR strategies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of people, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Proactively participate in HR projects that support our overall effort to build engaged, satisfied and productive people.
- Serve as the HR expert for the states, county and municipalities assigned facilities reside in. Stay up-to-date on new and revised rules, laws and ordinances. Provide timely updates and present proposals to the HR Manager on related changes, concerns and process improvements.
- Provide HR guidance and interpretation to management on team member relations matters. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and work to develop creative solutions.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, restructure and succession planning. Act as the performance improvement driver, providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conduct new team member orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Oversee completion of HR, payroll, tax and benefit documents to ensure new team members are properly enrolled in benefits and set up in the payroll system. Assist management with weekly/biweekly payroll processes, as needed.
- Assist with recruiting, arranging interviews, and selecting candidates fill vacant positions. Maintain local applicant tracking via the electronic recruitment module. Acquire local wage survey information within labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
- Actively encourage continuous learning by providing management training and coaching in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment, as needed.
- Prepare team member separation notices and related documentation. Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, plus a minimum of five (5) years of generalist HR experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working as a sole practitioner and/or in a manufacturing environment is highly valued.
Certifications: SHRM-CP/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SPHR preferred.
- General Human Resources. Working knowledge of all aspects of Human Resources with a strong emphasis on employment law, recruitment, HRIS, people strategies, and performance management. Specialized experience in benefits and/or compensation a plus.
- Core People Skills/Credibility. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively with and motivate a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Change Agent/Strategic. Courage to make, and influence others to make, difficult people decisions. Able to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek. Ability to actively participate with management in developing and managing strategic goals and objectives. Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification and respond well to questions. Excellent group presentation skills. Ability to write clearly and informatively and edit work for spelling and grammar.
- Performance Management. Ability to coach team members and managers in a solution-oriented manner which encourages positive outcomes.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to read and understand basic business financial reporting. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Proficient computer skills using a variety of office and HR/Payroll related software applications.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives.
- Flexibility. Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and perform beyond a normal workday.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment, telephone and 10-key.
Generally, work in an office environment; however, may be required to work with team members and management in the manufacturing environment where PPE is required and noise, heat and other hazardous environmental elements exist.
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $82k - $123k + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
For a full job description, click HERE.
$82,000 - $123,000 / year
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice