Sales Engineer - Aluminum
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity for our Aluminum Division. As part of the US Aluminum Sales team, the Sales Engineer is responsible for solution selling and servicing accounts while growing and sustaining assigned sales territories.
Ideal candidate will live in or near the Spokane, WA area and service Washington, Oregon, & British Columbia Sales Territories. This is a hybrid position where the successful candidate's home base will be our Corporate Headquarters in downtown Spokane.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally by land and air as needed to customer facilities to include overnight stays as required. Ability to maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements. Valid U.S Passport or ability to obtain is required.
- Continuously and positively maximize sales and gross profits for assigned accounts.
- Effectively directing sales responsibility for target accounts.
- Consistently establish strong working relationships with the customer base to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Continuously solicit and develop the sale of additional products.
- Continually prospecting for new customers.
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to all customers by effectively fielding customer sales calls, establish positive working relationships, regular visits to customer facilities, and continuously providing courteous and responsive feedback to customers.
- Ongoing accurate sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Positively support new product/service introductions.
- Accurate Inventory management (including raw materials), and stocking agreements.
- Accurate development of financial, business, and strategic analysis for division management.
- Prepare presentations on business results.
- Continuously provide technical support to customers.
- Accurate and timely trip reporting including internal communication with management utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. 4 plus years work experience in a technical or manufacturing related industry. Equivalent sales or operations experience within the aluminum or foundry industries. Understanding of sales process, customer service practices and business acumen.
- Customer Service Skills: Passion for providing a high level of customer service and business development activities along with an in-depth understanding of sales principles and customer service practices. Proven ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service and assistance. Consistently meet commitments.
- Core People Skills: Able to quickly build effective relationships and work productively in a team environment. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Must have high ethical standards/values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Treats people with respect and inspires the trust of others.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate clearly, timely and effectively. Ability to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions and challenging comments. Must have experience with creating/presenting effective presentations. Ability to influence and negotiate for mutual benefit. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely with the ability editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Dynamics 365. Hands on working knowledge of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is desired.
- Technical Skills: Ability/knowledge to review specifications in review of customer quotes and customer order accuracy. Technical mindset and the ability to understand calculations and materials. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement with discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure out solutions”. Strong critical thinking skills with good judgment, keen attention to detail, and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to make appropriate decisions in scope of assigned responsibility. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment. Ability/knowledge to review specifications in review of customer quotes and customer order accuracy.
- Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally by land and air as needed to customer facilities to include overnight stays as required. Ability to maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements. Valid U.S Passport or ability to obtain is required.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend, and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Ability to travel domestically and internationally by land and air as needed to customer facilities to include overnight stays as required. Ability to maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements. Valid U.S Passport or ability to obtain is required.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member works within an office and the manufacturing environment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within the manufacturing environment. Team member while in the manufacturing environment can be exposed to noise, heat/cold, molten metal and environmental conditions.
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $78k - $105k + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
$78000 - $105000
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice