Industrial Mold Builder
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Industrial Mold Builder designs and builds molds to cast refractory shapes. Mold must be dimensionally correct, structurally sound and built exact to the part drawing.
Shift: Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Conceptualize, plan and design mold builds using critical analysis and reverse engineering. When necessary, confer with the Engineering Department to ensure the information provided in the job packet and on the part drawing is accurate.
- Construct complex molds using various woods and polystyrene (foam) to include the following components: base construction, interior and exterior construction, foam tooling, anchors, bracing, and mold release applications.
- Safely operate table saw, radial arm saw, chop saw, band-saw, and other tooling equipment in the mold building process.
- Measure and inspect molds for dimensional accuracy and integrity.
- Maintain and utilize hard tooling (steel, plastic and fiberglass molds).
- Maintain records as required.
- Safely operate cranes, fork trucks and company mobile equipment.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum 1-3 years of experience in finished carpentry preferred.
- Carpentry. Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in building molds and ability to understand and design based on blueprints, drawings, and models. Ability to determine the size and features of a mold with precision by understanding geometric shapes and angles used in the mold building process.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Understanding of spatial reasoning, cause and effect, heat conduction, velocity, gravity and force. Ability to qualify in industrial vehicle use and demonstrate safe operation at all times. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach, talk, hear, and see. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move items over 50 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds. Team members performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The minimum and maximum hourly range for this full-time position is $20.63 - $27.77 + benefits.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
For a full job description, click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice