Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining the good condition and functionality of all industrial plant equipment needed for production operations. Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, facilities, and related property.
Monday - Thursday, 6a - 4p
** This is only a partial list of responsibilities. For a full list, please see position description in this post **
- Responsibilities to include:
- Working and troubleshooting PLC’s, controls wiring, switches, sensors, actuators, electromechanical devices, motors etc.
- Interpreting wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams and electrical schematics to trouble shoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Using necessary tools/equipment to work on industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting (up to/including 480volt 3 phase).
- Operating of low voltage switchgear for shutdowns and repairs.
- Performing required work from sketches, blueprints and drawings.
- Diagnosing/repairing of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installing and repairing of plumbing and piping.
- Performing basic welding, cutting and fabrication.
- Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of production equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance, including mixers, furnaces, conveyors, pumps, cranes/hoists, robots, CNC lasers, etc.
- Ensure that tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available when needed.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Vocational Degree in a technical discipline, plus five (5) years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in repair/maintenance and installation/dismantling of industrial plant equipment required.
Must Possess Valid Drivers License with Good Driving Record.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Flexibility to adjust plans and schedules to accommodate team member requests and to work overtime.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Machine/Equipment Skills. The ability to read electrical schematics, ladder logic a plus. Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic automation troubleshooting and other systems. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Working knowledge of tools, common equipment and devices used in machine/plant maintenance. Demonstrated high level of manual dexterity.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, kneeling and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds and power lifts, talk or hear. Team member is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must possess valid driver's license.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position the team member will work in a manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the team member may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
For a full job description, click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice