Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Process Engineer identifies, initiates, and evaluates continuous process improvement related to safety, ergonomics and quality systems. Provides leadership for process improvement projects, working collaboratively with operational teams.
- Perform product design using CAD software, conduct layout review and 2D drawing creation. Utilize DFM with an end goal of making a better product at a lower cost.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing to identify and reduce waste in manufacturing process through time studies, ergonomics, etc.
- Analyze and resolve problems with moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Create part specification requirements and BOM.
- Effectively negotiate with surrounding component business units and suppliers.
- Search new ways to increase overall efficiency, utilize up-to-date technology, and reduce design and parts costs.
- Ensure full collaboration with product stakeholders on countermeasures and solutions, including working on the plant floor in a hand-on approach.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical proposal, offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and are aligned with the Company's product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Provide support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions as needed.
- Perform project management when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
Columbia City Pyrotek is a great place to work! Watch our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Team Member Appreciation (coveted parking spot)
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Minimum associate degree in mechanical or design Engineering, plus 5 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with DFM (Design for Manufacturing), Autodesk and SolidWorks software required.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communications Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style. Ability to develop and lead effective formal presentations to both internal and external customers. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely, editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Application Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems, including Microsoft Office products, Visio, and Autodesk or SolidWorks.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Use of resources, analytical skills and process focus to effectively “figure it out.” Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment. Must be hands-on and maintain high energy to drive continuous improvement.
- Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge and hands on application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Understanding and ability to effectively apply DFM (Design for Manufacturing) during the design process.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air, both domestically and internationally up to 5%. Valid US Passport or ability to obtain.
#PyrotekHiringNow #processengineer #columbiacityjobs
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice