IS Support Analyst II
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The IS Support Analyst performs installations, troubleshoots, building of endpoints, and repairing of endpoints and other IS equipment. Resolves user problems and corrects operation of endpoints and other IS equipment as required. Assists other IS team members by working on projects and taking on more complex troubleshooting.
- Perform IS Support Analyst Tier 2 responsibilities, to include:
- Liaising with and providing support via the helpdesk system to end users and staff on endpoint usage.
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and performing limited troubleshooting on end user endpoints and other IS equipment.
- Performing on-site information gathering required for diagnosis of IS problems for end users and resolving basic issues without direction, passing on to higher tiers when unable to resolve issue.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding endpoint and/or hardware problems.
- Monitoring and testing endpoint performance and provide endpoint performance statistics and reports as required.
- When necessary, liaising with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Working with end users to identify and deliver required service levels.
- Preparing documentation as required.
- Help document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Maintain a clean desk/work area, and assist in keeping in the Server Room organized, clean and free of hazards.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field, plus four (4) years of IS Support or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and related IS support experience.
Microsoft Certifications would be an advantage.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Flexibility to adjust plans and schedules to accommodate team member requests.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to consult with stakeholders, explain technical details and provide exceptional customer service to users.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications and systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Windows 10 Operating System. Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues starting with clear data collection through to fully explaining solutions to users. Demonstrated ability to support the following: Windows Operating System, MS Office products, basic networking/Wi-Fi, and PC hardware support.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team members is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work in an office environment with exposure to a manufacturing environment where team member may be exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles where PPE is required.
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $55k - $78k + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
For a full job description, click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice