Information Systems Analyst III
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The IS Support Analyst performs installations, troubleshooting, building of endpoints, and repairing of endpoints and other IS equipment. Resolves user problems and corrects operation of endpoints and other IS equipment as required. Assists other IS team members by working on projects and taking on more complex troubleshooting.
- Perform IS Support Analyst Tier 3 responsibilities to include:
- Liaising with and providing support via the helpdesk system to end users and staff on endpoint usage.
- Under direction and following all company standards
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and perform limited troubleshooting on end user endpoints and other IS equipment.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and perform limited troubleshooting associated with end user approved software.
- Performing on-site information gathering required for diagnosis of IS problems for end users and resolving basic issues without direction, passing on to higher tiers when unable to resolve issue.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding endpoint and/or hardware problems.
- Monitoring and testing endpoint performance and provide endpoint performance statistics and reports as required.
- Preparing documentation as required.
- Participating in IS projects, as requested.
- Perform operational management responsibility to include:
- Monitoring and testing endpoint performance and providing endpoint performance statistics and reports as required.
- Reviewing and advising on company IS documentation, providing suggested changes to management and creating drafts on missing documentation for approval.
- When necessary, liaising with third-party support and PC equipment vendors, working with end user to identify and deliver required service levels.
- Proactively look for opportunities to participate as a member of the global team.
- Assist junior staff with resolving issues.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field, plus seven (7) years of IS Support or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and related IS support experience. Microsoft Certifications would be an advantage.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to consult with stakeholders, explain technical details and provide exceptional customer service to users.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Windows Operating System. Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues starting with clear data collection through to fully explaining solutions to users. Demonstrated ability to support the following: Windows Operating System, MS Office products, basic networking/Wi-Fi, and PC hardware support.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work in an office environment which is indoors, climate controlled and with adequate and adjustable lighting.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Many Supplemental Benefits
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice