Information Systems Security Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The IS Security Manager will protect Pyrotek’s Information System (IS) infrastructure and data from unauthorized access by monitoring networks, databases, computer systems and processes. Create and implement proactive measures to implement and maintain IS Security, assess risk, and respond to security threats.
This is a hybrid role that will seat in our downtown Spokane Corporate Headquarters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the security portfolio to protect Pyrotek’s Information System (IS) infrastructure and data from unauthorized access through these functions:
- Select and acquire security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise's existing procurement processes.
- Create and maintain security architecture design as well as documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures).
- Work with senior IS staff to protect against new risks to Pyrotek and review new tools that could improve Pyrotek’s protection against threats.
- Provide input into business continuity plans and disaster recovery from a security footing.
- Oversee the deployment, configuration, and integration of security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers, and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Work with Cloud team to implement Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies where required.
- Design security runbooks to manage various security incidents and ensure the security team follows the runbooks.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents. Maintain regular phishing testing for all users.
- Oversee the process for reporting suspicious emails and ensuring that new risks are blocked in Pyrotek systems.
- Effectively lead projects as assigned to ensure projects are delivered within scope and within agreed upon timelines, utilizing the defined level of manpower and established third party costs.
- Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/team members. Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
- Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of team members to act in empowered ways.
- Actively reward / recognize team members to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and
report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; plus, a minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in system security, to include five (5) years of experience in enterprise security architecture design and security document creation experience, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
One or more of the following certifications is a significant advantage: GIAC Security Essentials Certification, GIAC Security Leadership Certification, ISACA Certified Information Security Manager, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security, and/or (ISC)2 SCCP, CISSP, ISSAP. Previous experience successfully leading a project team and driving complex projects to completion.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Displays humility and adaptability. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Entrepreneurial attitude toward work center excellence.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to prepare and deliver employee security awareness training.
- Strategic Change Agent. Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions.
- Leadership Skills. Build a culture of tolerance, acceptance, and civility by setting an example to team members. Ability to coach and motivate team members in planning, strategic product management, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Ability to effectively manage team projects to completion according to schedule. Ability to foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide teams toward excellence and a respectful, positive, transparent, and collaborative environment. Ability to develop team member skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving product development processes and procedures.
- Project Management Skills. Knowledge of principals of project management, including creation of vision and mission, establishing goals or objectives, establishing project teams, applying comprehensive root cause analysis, implementing intervention, ensuring organizational alignment, and measuring progress and success. Excellent planning and relationship building skills. Ability to liaise with middle and upper Pyrotek management for scope negotiation in a manner that upholds Pyrotek’s values and reflects positively on IS.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficiency in Windows server and desktop operating systems and Microsoft 365 productivity applications. Working knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP), Transmission Control Protocol (TCP/IP), and other network administration protocols. Working knowledge of firewalls and secure network access platforms/solutions. Experience with Fortigate firewall, Aruba Clearpass and Sophos a plus.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case.
- IT Security Skills. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to continually enhance an enterprise security architecture design. Demonstrated ability to create security documents.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Displays willingness to make decisions and work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Highly organized, detail oriented and self-disciplined.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development and life-long learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives. Demonstrated passion for developing others.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air, both domestically and internationally up to 10%. Valid US Passport or ability to obtain.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment with some flexibility to work remotely when pre-approved and appropriate. Travel by land and air, both domestically and internationally up to 10%.
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $110k - $130k + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice