Prep Fabricator - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Prep Fabricator facilitate the safe and efficient preparation and cutting of metal components and sub-assemblies for the purpose of meeting plant fabrication demands, and completion of work orders to build products of optimal quality with on-time delivery.
Shift: Monday - Thursday 2:30 pm - 1:00 am
** Starting wage $19.87 + 7.5% Shift Differential with the potential to earn more based on experience. **
- Safely and efficiently receive and transport incoming steel: load and unload materials onto or from trucks, pallets, trays, racks, and shelves. Use material handling equipment such as cranes, pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies to bring raw materials, equipment and products to the appropriate location. Store items in a safe and efficient manner.
- Accurately read and interpret work order information, and precisely follow written or verbal instruction, to determine service operations to be performed. Pick parts, kit materials and transport goods to work stations or designated areas as directed.
- Expeditiously form and produce a variety of metal components and sub-assemblies by accurately interpreting engineering drawings and using appropriate metalworking equipment.
- Efficiently set-up and safely operate fabricating equipment such as horizontal steel band saw, iron worker/metal muncher, drill press, plasma burning table with computerized control panel, and press brake to produce components.
- Safely operate fork trucks, and other industrial vehicles for which training has been completed and qualification achieved and maintained through the daily checklist. Operate tools and equipment as instructed and only as intended by the manufacturer. Ensure tools and other items are safely and properly stored.
Why Work for Pyrotek Cortland? Check out our video!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
One (1) year experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: manufacturing, material handling, reading blueprints and schematics, working with power and hand tools.
Ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Understanding of spatial reasoning, cause and effect, heat conduction, velocity, gravity and force. Ability to qualify in industrial vehicle use and demonstrate safe operation at all times.
- Core Job Skills. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance. Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals, perform computerized transactions. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Stand and walk on concrete floors, use hands, reach, talk, hear, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 100 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds. Team members performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- 4 day work weeks on 2nd shift
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice