Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Buyer plans, forecasts, and procures required materials to ensure Pyrotek fully meets customer commitments. Work with cross-functional teams on R&D projects and with Quality Assurance to ensure the suppliers meet expected quality standards.
- Procure materials or other goods and/or coordinate activities involved with purchasing products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
- Assess, audit and keep appropriate inventory levels based on Supply and Demand forecasts, product rotation, historical usage, supplier lead time changes, and sales inputs.
- Participate in or lead supplier contract negotiations, sustain supplier base and engage suppliers in projects that improve quality, minimize lead time, and improve pricing and terms of the contract.
- Support site strategic goals from the supply chain perspective.
- Proactively run and react to MRP signals daily to ensure OTD to customers and replenishment of stock levels.
- Develop and maintain an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders and tracking of late purchase orders.
- Keep stakeholders informed of critical supply issues by proactively communicating critical supply/procurement issues, including late purchase orders, in a timely manner. Collaborate with other departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
- Ensure critical documents are completed accurately and maintained per the company document retention policy.
- Ensure pricing and terms are correct on all purchase orders.
- Maintain supplier information per company policy and procedures.
- Analyze data to ensure ordering parameters are maintained in Visual. (ERP/MRP system.)
- Support Inventory Cycle counting or Yearly Inventory Counts as required by the business.
- Responsible for the research and set up of new suppliers to support the business needs. This could include, but is not limited to, travel to other countries, and working closely with quality, engineering, sales, and senior leadership.
- Successfully negotiate supplier contracts and maintain updates on supplier documentation.
- Perform supplier audits that align with the company quality and supply chain standards. Assist with resolution on any supplier quality issues as needed.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, or related field, plus seven (7) years’ experience in a buyer/ planner, supply chain management, or related role, preferably in a global manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Visual Basics or other ERP/MRP system.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize workload appropriately.
- Buyer. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in purchasing raw materials for the manufacture of products, including understanding of quality, cost, availability, and lead time. Ability to quickly learn product material requirements and develop strong supply chains. Demonstrated ability to build strategic vendor relationships and influence and negotiate contracts for mutual benefit.
- Travel. Up to 10% domestic or international travel. Valid US Passport or ability to obtain.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, works in an office environment with time spent on production floor to assist with resolution of any supplier quality and / or delivery issues. May be exposed to airborne graphite. May require the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $65k - $98k + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Personal Paid Time
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice