Large Shapes Specialist (Casting)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
In house hiring alert!! Join the Cortland Team for an on-site hiring event.
Tours, interviews and offers at event. Event is Thursday, February 9 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. No RSVP needed!
Starting pay $19.87 with the potential to earn more based on experience.
Operate hand-controlled mechanisms to pour and regulate the flow of refractory into molds. Facilitate the safe and efficient preparation, mixing, casting, firing and finishing of refractory shapes. Complete work orders to build products of optimal quality with on-time delivery.
- Understanding of spatial reasoning, cause and effect, heat conduction, velocity, gravity and force. Ability to qualify in industrial vehicle use and demonstrate continued safe operation at all times.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as work orders, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion.
- Ability to read and understand basic drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the form of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
Minimum one (1) year experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: Mixing, casting, firing and finishing refractory shapes or concrete, and reading and interpreting work orders and following directions to determine required raw materials, supplies, tools and equipment needed to mold shapes.
- Determine required raw materials, supplies, tools and equipment needed to create refractory shapes.
- Examine and measure mold(s) to verify quality and dimensional accuracy in accordance with drawing specifications. Turn back molds that are out of tolerance.
- Assess the quality of raw materials based on pre-determined standards. Examine molds to ensure they are clean, smooth, and properly coated
- Measure amounts, temperatures, and characteristics of ingredients and mix to prescribed recipe to ensure uniformity.
- Cast refractory using casting equipment, including vibrators and mounting apparatus.
- Perform QC (Quality control) procedures, such as grinding and finishing, to ensure part(s) meet the defined Quality criteria.
- Inspect shape(s) for part strength and integrity, surface quality and dimensional accuracy.
- Safely operate cranes, fork trucks, overhead crane, and electric pallet jack.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, and repetitive hand movements to position molds and adjust controls all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employees performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice