CNC Operator-2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule 2nd Shift: Monday - Thursday 2:45PM to 12:45AM
Responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plan machining projects by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters. Accurately interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Ensure accurate determination of calculating requirements to include basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. G-code and/or conversational programming required.
- Set-up machines by installing and adjusting three to four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers, and indicating vices and trimming heads.
- Maintain specifications by drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls; and sharpening and replacing worn tools. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Operate and maintain read auxiliary equipment including Mills (Conventional), Drill Presses and Band Saws.
- Provide operator and inspection instruction for CNC Operator Assistants.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
Why Work for Pyrotek? Watch our You Tube Video!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of one year of experience as a CNC Operator Assistant; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communications Skills. Ability to read and understand directions, work instructions, work orders, set up sheets, packaging instructions and drawings.
Computer/Application Skills. Basic computer skills. Proficient in machine set up, tooling knowledge, and reading blueprints. Proficient in using new applications, including Computer Numerical Control (CNC) automated controls for machining and PWS system in navigating all tabs involving operational, inspection detail, work instructions and packaging.
Machining Skills. CNC machining knowledge, skills, and abilities to ensure proficiency in performing CNC machining projects, to include the use and accurate interpretations of dimensional measuring tools or equipment.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.”
Mathematical Skills. Basic HS level math skills required, including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, loud noise levels and/or airborne particles and seasonally hot temperatures. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
#PyrotekCareers #cncjobs #manufacturing #cncoperators #Carlislejobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice