Industrial Assembler/Warehouse Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Evansville, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Responsible for production operations in the assembly of pumps, relining of holding furnace and transfer ladles. Serve as backup for daily operations of Evansville warehouse to include inventory handling and delivery functions with customer’s Vendor Managed Inventory.
- Perform bench and floor work as assigned to assemble, construct, build and repair metal pumps and similar units using some or all the flowing functions: grinding, sanding, cementing, wrapping and painting; and laminating.
- Perform service assignments that involve a wide range of company product repairs, maintenance, inspection, and or delivery.
- Support general labor in rebuild of relining Holding Furnace and Transfer Ladles.
- Check and ensure understanding of work orders and related manuals, drawings, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools/equipment necessary for installation or repair assignment.
- Produce needed components by cutting rope and repackaging of product.
- Assemble pumps as assigned. Ensure specifications are met.
- Perform equipment setup and/or adjustments. Ensure assemblies are altered or adjusted for a specified fit or specification range.
- Accurately mix cements specific to each job.
- Provide equipment service, to include pump, ladle, furnace repairs and part replacement at local customer sites, as assigned.
- Serve as backup for scheduled on-site inventory counts of VMI parts at customer sites. Ensure familiarity with any special inventory procedures as outlined in the Pyrotek/Customer VMI Agreement.
- Safely use hoist and forklift to pick and move parts and materials.
- Drive a box truck to transport products and materials, as needed.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED), plus a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing warehouse environment, including experience with forklifts, driving non-CDL commercial vehicles and fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in assembly of equipment, subcomponents, and rebuilds a plus.
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to pass DOT health certification is required.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak in English, clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Visual Manufacturing.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Warehouse. Ability to understand basic planning and scheduling. Ability to understand materials movement, 5S projects, inventory accuracy and cycle counting. Ability to proficiently and safely operate a forklift to achieve certification. Ability to safely operate a box truck with manual transmission, ensure accurate documentation as required by DOT and maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements.
Fabrication. Exhibit a high mechanical aptitude, in repairing, rebuilding, pumps, ladles and furnaces. Ability to proficiently and safely use hand and power tools.
Flexibility. Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and perform beyond a normal workday as needed to support vendor needs. Also exhibit flexibly in day to day tasks as they rapidly change based upon customer demand.
Travel. Local travel up to 5%. Overnight stays are not expected.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the team member is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers to handle or feel; frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally team lift and /or move up to 100 pounds; communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing and effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing VMI deliveries the team member is required to safely drive a commercial van, obeying all State and Federal DOT laws.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member primarily works in a warehouse/manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required such as safety shoes, safety glasses and respirators. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods on hard surfaces. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions in the warehouse/manufacturing environment.
#PyrotekHiringNow #warehousejobs #evansvillejobs #manufacturing
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice