Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company’s needs for indirect materials and services, tooling, select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned with Visual Factory software requirement or as appropriately concluded with a requisitioner.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics or engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience. With two years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for materials planning, scheduling, inventory management and logistics process to apply lean process throughout the supply chain.
- Improve material flow within the manufacturing facility consistent with lean manufacturing best practices.
- Analyze demand data to determine optimal inventory levels and order quantities utilizing supply base and commodity specific knowledge.
- Coordinate supply chain issues related to procurement, negotiations, logistics, replenishment analysis and achieving an overall level of customer service.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with production to ensure timely execution of product.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities; advises company activities with concurrence of a senior buyer and/or the director of purchasing for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Scheduling raw material to meet customer demands.
- Planning inventory usage needs and requirements per customer demand.
- Interfacing with vendors on a daily basis.
- Function as a liaison between Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering, Quality and Warehouse.
- Review, monitor and complete order follow ups to assure manufacturing plans are 100% achievable.
- Daily monitoring of material shortages with production and quality.
- Evaluating on time delivery and maintaining and exceeding goals.
Columbia City Pyrotek is a great place to work! Watch our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Safety PPE provided (can include prescription safety glasses)
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Team Member of the Month (up to 5 hours of paid time off & $$)
- Regular performance and salary reviews
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works within an office and the manufacturing environment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within the manufacturing environment. Employee While in the manufacturing environment is regularly exposed to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
#PyrotekHiring #buyerplannerjobs #manufacturingplanning
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice