Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Base salary starts at $75k annually, with potential to start higher depending on relative experience.
Pyrotek's Process Engineer, under the direction of the Engineering Manager, participates in or leads projects to drive continuous improvement throughout the site. This includes improving existing processes, reducing scrap and rework, supporting development trials, leading or support capital expenditure projects, creating, reviewing, and updating documents and procedures, and providing production support.
- Oversee and assess existing processes and workflows.
- Improve product quality as well as optimize efficiencies for Specialty Graphite, Ceramics, and Filters product lines.
- Lead or participate in:
- Development programs for new and improved manufacturing processes in support of existing businesses and in preparation for new business.
- Material development programs in support of new and existing product lines.
- Lead acquisition, installation, start-up, documentation, and training of new processes and process upgrades, as required.
- Analyze data and prepare, as necessary, charts, reports, or presentations to communicate results and conclusion of projects.
- Accurately review and update manufacturing procedures.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions, as needed. Regularly review and update manufacturing procedures to reflect the most current processes.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
Why work for Pyrotek Sanborn? Check out our video!
- Safety Incentives
- Performance and Salary Reviews
- Uniforms provided
- Excellent compensation & benefit plans
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative team environment
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s degree in ceramic engineering or a related technical discipline, plus a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in a technical or process related industry, preferably within the graphite, aluminium or foundry industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Progressive, flexible and team oriented.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient MS Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of SolidWorks, Auto-CAD, and Minitab are desired but not required.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Use of resources, analytical skills and process focus to effectively “figure it out.”
- Process Engineering. Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies such as Six sigma strongly desired. Knowledge and hands on application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office setting and in a manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the team member may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
#pyrotekhiring #engineeringjobs #processengineer #manufacturing
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice