Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Calculate accurate labor and material cost estimates and ensure that product line pricing supports achievement of assigned product line profitability targets. In addition, this position evaluates and loads labor routings for manufacturing, establishes proper time standards on production runs, and updates standard estimating rates for accurate costing information.
- Accurately draft cost estimates by determining actual and full scope of work by reviewing customer specifications, all Requests for Quote (RFQ) documents and applicable data provided by the Project Engineer.
- Ensure the quote matches the customer’s needs and requirements and accurate costs are provided for the accessories, including, if required, labor for installation by accurately verifying information provided by project engineers and sales team.
- Based upon quotes and information from the sales team, determine and select material items and configurations that meet fabrication requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- Gather necessary manufacturing, labor and material costs and utilize established company estimating policies, procedure and programs to prepare accurate cost estimates.
- Maintain ongoing evaluation of the standard labor routings and adjust, to reflect the manufacturing process.
- Make process improvement recommendations based upon appropriate analysis of costing, material usage and manufacturing time. process improvements and cost reductions.
- Maintain compliance with all industry codes and standards for applicable products and ensure that cost estimates maintain compliance with those mandatory regulations and standards
- As requested, prepare and deliver accurate and actionable reports detailing all the costs related to applicable projects.
- Maintain precise and up to date cost data in company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database.
- Refine and record actual cost of building by analyzing the variances between estimated cost and actual cost.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our You Tube Videos!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or a related technical discipline, plus five (5) years of related work/sales experience in a technical or process related industry, preferably within the aluminium or foundry industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations on complex and sensitive topics to customers, top management, and other key stakeholders.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient MS Office computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ERP systems.
- Customer Service. Influential and trustworthy with proven ability to build successful and long-term partnerships with customers. Ability to effectively manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for new products, innovations to current products and other needs. Consistently meets commitments.
- Project Management Skills. Working knowledge of principals of project management, including creation of vision and mission, establishing goals or objectives, establishing project teams, applying comprehensive root cause analysis, implementing intervention, ensuring organizational alignment, and measuring progress and success. Ability to liaise with middle and upper Pyrotek management for scope negotiation in a manner that upholds Pyrotek’s values and reflects positively on division operations.
- Engineering. Comprehensive knowledge and overall understanding of multiple engineering and/or scientific fields and specialized product/system integration requirements. Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to create differentiated competitive advantage. Ability to determine or select product configurations that meet design requirements yet minimize costs. Proficient with engineering documentation and engineering analysis tools. Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in the application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Ability to quickly learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Knowledge of welding, cutting, machining, painting and general fabrication practices.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Strong financial analytical capabilities for developing profitable product strategies. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Core Business Skills. Demonstrated ability to assess and lead research and investment in new technologies and in creating linkage between product/system design, manufacturing, and business results. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Highly organized, detail oriented and self-disciplined.
- Travel. Ability to travel up to 30% primarily domestically, occasional globally. US Passport or ability to obtain required.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment with occasional visits to industrial areas where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Travel via land or air required up to 30%.
Pyrotek offers you the following:
- Generous compensation and benefits
- Vacation & Personal Paid Time
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous match
- Team Member Referral Program
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice