Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for producing machined parts by reading blueprints, setting up, and operating a machine. Maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Shift: Monday- Friday 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Starting pay $23 with the potential to earn more based on relevant experience
- Precisely follow production schedule, work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters to produce high quality parts within specified parameters.
- Efficiently and effectively set-up machines by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating parts.
- Effectively perform a variety of machining operations to meet product and customer needs, including those having close tolerances, several dimensional relationships, and unusual contours.
- Operate machines to produce a quality part in an efficient manner. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing regularly scheduled preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting issues for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing appropriate production and quality logs.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Safety Incentives (can include a paid day off!)
- Safety PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided, Boots & Prescription Safety Glasses (after 90 days)
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. So please watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High School Diploma or GED, preferred plus three (3) years production experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to successfully complete the internal Machinist Certification 1 test.
Successful completion of a certificated machining program is a plus.
Ability to obtain fork lift certification.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed, multi-tasking environment. Ability to anticipate and adapt quickly to changes in the work environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to use hoists and various hand and power tools. Ability to obtain licensing/certification to operate forklift.
- Critical Thinking Skills. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach walk and use hands. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds frequently. Job requires moderate amount of time working at a PC and effective use of a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Communicating effectively by telephone, in person and in writing is required.
Presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures including ambient and controlled. Temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons. Light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust. Moderate background noise. Hard working surfaces for standing and walking. Majority of time will be in a warehouse environment where PPE may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice