Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 3:30 pm
Responsible for installing and maintaining the good condition and functionality of all industrial plant equipment needed for production operations. Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, facilities, and related property.
- Working and troubleshooting PLC’s, controls wiring, switches, sensors, actuators, electromechanical devices, motors etc.
- Interpreting wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams and electrical schematics to trouble shoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Using necessary tools/equipment to work on industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting (up to/including 480volt 3 phase).
- Operating of low voltage switchgear for shutdowns and repairs.
- Performing required work from sketches, blueprints and drawings.
- Diagnosing/repairing of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installing and repairing of plumbing and piping.
- Performing basic welding, cutting and fabrication.
- Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of production equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance, including mixers, furnaces, conveyors, pumps, cranes/hoists, robots, CNC lasers, etc.
- Ensure that tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available when needed.
Columbia City Pyrotek is a great place to work! Watch our video!
- Generous benefits and compensation
- Team Member of the Month (up to 5 hours of paid time off & $$)
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Vocational Degree in a technical discipline, plus five (5) years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in repair/maintenance and installation/dismantling of industrial plant equipment required.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions. Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Machine/Equipment Skills. The ability to read electrical schematics, ladder logic a plus. Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic automation troubleshooting and other systems. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Working knowledge of tools, common equipment and devices used in machine/plant maintenance. Demonstrated high level of manual dexterity.
#pyrotekhiring #columbiacityjobs #maintenance #manufacturing
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice