Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
Working from written instructions, processes parts, and performs minor alterations on a variety of standard components.
Starting wage: $20/hour with the potential to start higher based on experience.
- Efficiently performs bench and floor work as assigned to efficiently soak, sand, clean, and measure material. May require some or all of the following functions: sanding, mixing, measuring, and laminating.
- Accurately set up and/or adjust equipment to ensure parts are altered or adjusted appropriately by examining them for a specified fit or specification range based on blueprint.
- Diligently record dimensions of product as required to validate accuracy.
- Willingly assist and collaborate with other assembly projects as needed.
- Effectively use hoists to safely move parts and materials.
- Cooperatively perform tests and work effectively in conjunction with quality inspectors.
- Expeditiously perform general clean-up work as assigned.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our Video!!
- Competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Popcorn Thursday's!
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High school or equivalent preferred, manufacturing, or industrial experience is a plus.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to use bar code scanner to log parts, and scales to enter measurements into database. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to read basic, non-complex blueprints, drawings and sketches. Ability to use measuring tools, hand tools, power tools, hoists and cranes. Ability to obtain tow motor certification.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English in person and in writing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Effectively use a computer, office equipment and telephone. Team members performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as needed.
Work in a manufacturing environment where the following applies: presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures including ambient and controlled, light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Many Supplemental Benefits
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice