Capital Equipment Design/Project Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Elmsford, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer executes engineering assignments with a high standard of engineering expertise and dedication. Oversee and participate in projects from initiation through assembly in the customer plant, including equipment planning, CADD design, overseeing manufacture, assisting in the preparation of customer manuals, and troubleshooting field problems. Supervise installation of the equipment at the customer’s plant, as required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical process proposal, offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposed process meets customer expectations and is aligned with Pyrotek’s product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Coordinate and take a lead role in proposal review, proposal clarification, and project kick-off meetings. Serve in a technical sales role with presentations to key customers and in business development opportunities.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions as needed.
- Responsible for project management when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise or support to production related to manufacturing.
- Participate in development tests in-house and in the field, check detail, assembly drawings, and schematics.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Must Haves: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in designing equipment; knowledge of hydraulics and metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including Microsoft Office Products, Visio, and CADD.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”.
- Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air up to 30% both domestically and globally. Valid driver’s license and US Passport, or ability to obtain required.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work within an office and/or manufacturing environment with regular exposure to noise, heat and/or cold conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Travel by land and air may be required both domestic and international.
- Competitive compensation package
- Collaborative and innovative team working environment
- Health Benefits at 31 days
- Retirement plan with a generous match - up to 6%
- Profit sharing
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice