Intermediate Shapes Specialist II
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday-Friday 6:30AM - 3:00PM
Safely and efficiently operate CNC equipment, construct molds, cast shapes and prepare shipments of refractory products of optimal quality and on-time delivery.
** Starting wage $20.63 with the potential to earn more based on performance and experience. **
- Examine job packet and part drawing to verify information is correct and complete. Conceptualize, plan and design mold builds using critical analysis techniques and reverse engineering.
- Operate hot wire foam cutter to cut foam and cabinet materials in accordance with engineered drawing specifications.
- Measure and inspect foam and cabinet pieces for dimensional accuracy and integrity.
- Construct varied, sometimes complex molds, using various woods and polystyrene (foam). Mold fabrication will include some, or all of, the following components: base construction, interior and exterior construction, foam tooling, anchors, bracing, mold release applications, etc.
- Proactively work to improve foam cutting and mold building techniques and innovate to introduce new ideas to improve individual and team performance.
- Inspect molds for part strength and integrity, surface quality and dimensional accuracy.
- Determine and inspect required raw materials, supplies, tools and equipment needed to create refractory shapes.
- Measure amounts, temperatures, and characteristics of ingredients and mix to prescribed recipe to ensure uniformity.
- Cast refractory using casting equipment, including vibrators and mounting apparatus.
- Perform QC (Quality control) procedures, such as grinding and finishing, to ensure part(s) meet the defined Quality criteria.
- Inspect shape(s) for part strength and integrity, surface quality and dimensional accuracy.
- Prepare and package product for shipment. Verify that shipment information is correct and complete including part numbers, work order instructions, weights and dimensions, quantities, photos, sales order numbers and customer information.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
Preference may be given to candidates who have Basic AutoCAD and/or machine programming knowledge and experience. Candidate must also qualify as a Mold Specialist I and Large Shapes Specialist I. Finish carpentry skills additionally preferred for mold building requirement.
Mechanical Aptitude. Understanding of spatial reasoning, cause and effect, heat conduction, velocity, gravity and force. Ability to qualify in industrial vehicle use and demonstrate continued safe operation at all times.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to read and understand documents such as work orders, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals, perform computerized transactions, and use barcode scanners to transact movement of inventory.
Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Ability to read and understand complex drawings and work instructions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the form of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, and repetitive hand movements to position molds and adjust controls all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employees performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as required.
Works in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice