Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
At the direction of the USA team, the safety coordinator will be responsible for coordination, implementation and sustainment of the safety and health activities at assigned US operations. Ensure compliance with all related federal, state, and local regulations. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a healthy and safe workplace.
- Coordinate, implement and sustain the safety and health functions for assigned USA operational sites.
- Monitor compliance with safety procedures. Conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis. Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations and correct unsafe work practices by teaching in the moment and mitigating the risk.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on Pyrotek property are in compliance with Pyrotek’s policies and safety requirements. Promptly rectify and/or report violations.
- Educate team members on safety standards and expectations. Provide regular site training to meet the USA Safety and USA Regulatory training requirements for each supported site. Organize and lead a site safety team.
- Run emergency drills to gauge team member readiness.
- Promote an atmosphere of continuous improvement of safety and environmental compliance by working with the USA Quality and Safety team and the site team and driving a behavior-based safety culture characterized by inclusion, accountability, commitment, and teamwork.
- Effectively facilitate root cause analysis investigations relating to accidents, injuries, and near misses and to report results of investigations. Implement corrective actions as directed/applicable.
- Provide hazard assessment analysis and follow-up activities for new processes and review existing processes for changes in equipment or new legal requirements. Conduct routine investigations for hazards and proactively assists with mitigating identified hazards, in addition to communicating the hazards to area supervisors and managers.
- Under direction of USA Quality and Safety Manager coordinate with sub-contractor or perform hygiene testing as needed.
- Provide timely completion and reporting of required internal reports and metrics and externally required documentation including OSHA injury documentation, OSHA phone calls and responses, OSHA annual reporting requirements, and any specific state requirements.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are appropriately and promptly coordinated. Report inspection results immediately to USA Quality and Safety Manager and coordinate to mitigate and correct deficiencies.
- Develop, implement, and review site-specific safety policies and procedures, including an annual review of safety rules and PPE requirement documents.
- Manage documents and records within the site’s safety and health areas to meet federal, state, and local requirements.
- Where required, support site to assure successful completion of any required monitoring activities to support and document regulatory compliance.
- Identify potentially hazardous materials and collect samples for analysis. Coordinate with environmental regarding the appropriate and compliant disposal of any hazardous materials.
- Collaborate with USA team to identify actions required by new or existing legislation, revised manufacturing processes, or new processes and provide support as directed to address regulatory safety requirements.
- As needed, interact with third party suppliers for activities supporting safety and health programs. Including but not limited to:
- Analytical and testing services, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) sourcing, and corrective action requests. Review and select proper safety gear and supplies for the site and oversee team member testing and equipment fit.
- Coordination of physical testing needed to support safety programs, including but not limited to hearing conservation and respiratory testing.
Sanborn Pyrotek is a great place to work! Check out our Video!
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Generous team member referral program
- Uniforms provided
- PPE gear provided (includes boots and prescription safety glasses)
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline, plus two years’ experience in safety and/or health activities; or combination of education and experience.
- Adaptability Skills. Adapts to rapid changes in the work environment while managing competing demands.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively and communicate with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. High ethical standards and values. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to interact and address behavior deficiencies is essential. Ability to introduce change in performance is essential.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Ability to navigate and work with the SharePoint, as well as accessing and effectively searching USA and State web sites for safety compliance information.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources. Ability to use external information to identify legal requirements for safety questions and operating conditions. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to prepare confidential reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with government organizations. Aptitude to learn and understand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functionality, Visual Manufacturing software, and other computer software programs/systems utilized on the job.
- Safety. Ability to evaluate and work with third party suppliers for items related to safety, including but not limited to, equipment calibration, and industrial hygiene testing, training services, and equipment acquisition and services.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated track record of performing legally and ethically in a regulatory environment. Commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, works in an office and shop floor manufacturing environment. Must be able to withstand; temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons, light to moderate amount of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise. Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Up to 10% domestic travel via automobile or air may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice