Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
At the direction of the USA team, the environmental coordinator shall coordinate, implement, and sustain environmental compliance activities at assigned US operations; ensure compliance with all related federal, state, and local regulations; and create and maintain an environmentally compliant workplace.
- Coordinate, implement and sustain environmental functions for assigned USA operational sites.
- Monitor compliance with environmental procedures and develop/implement programs and procedures to ensure compliance. Collaborate with managers to identify potential environmental issues.
- Educate team members on environmental procedures and programs and perform trainings as required for each supported site.
- Effectively facilitate root cause analysis investigations relating to environmental incidents and report results of investigations. Implement corrective actions as directed/applicable.
- Collaborate productively with USA Environmental Engineer to provide environmental analysis for new processes and review existing processes for changes in equipment and/or new legal requirements. Conduct routine investigations for environmental risk and proactively assist with mitigating identified hazards, in addition to communicating the hazards to area supervisors and managers.
- Expertly administer federally regulated programs ensuring compliance, including the timely submission of applicable reports and calculations; including but not limited to:
- Title V Air Permit. Prepare and submit annual compliance reports, semi-annual compliance reports, emissions summaries, and permit revisions and renewals as needed. Coordinate stack testing as needed. Work with management and operations staff to ensure all records are documented, organized, ready to be produced if requested. Serve as primary government contact for reporting during process disruptions
- Large quantity generator hazardous waste program. Including but not limited to:
- Identify potentially hazardous materials and collect samples for analysis. Work with waste contractors and labs as needed to characterize waste. Conduct weekly inspections to ensure labeling, storage, and manifesting are properly managed. Prepare and submit annual reports, exception reports, quarterly taxes, etc.
- Monitor site water discharges daily and report exceedances. Prepare and submit monthly, semi-annual, and annual sanitary water reports. Work with subcontractor and lab to coordinate semi-annual and annual water sampling.
- Calculations and submission of:
- Greenhouse gas as required
- Tier II reporting
- Calculations for TRI reporting
- Material calculations for TSCA reporting
- Stormwater inspections by P.E.
- Administer site SPCC plan, train staff, and coordinate as needed with external consultant.
- Accompany regulatory inspectors on site visits. Report inspection results immediately to USA Quality and Safety Manager, mitigate risk, and correct deficiencies.
- Participate in annual Environmental Site Audit with USA Environmental Engineer and coordinate corrective actions as needed to resolve open audit items.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline, plus five or more years’ experience in environmental compliance in a manufacturing setting; or combination of education and experience. DOT Hazmat training preferred.
Experience with Title V Air Permitting, air emissions calculations and reporting, LQG hazardous waste generation standards, EPCRA chemical reporting, TSCA, and sanitary water sampling preferred.
- Adaptability Skills. Adapts to rapid changes in the work environment while managing competing demands.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ability to present numerical data effectively. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Ability to navigate and work with SharePoint, as well as accessing and effectively searching CFR and state web sites for environmental regulations and updates.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources. Ability to use external information to identify legal requirements. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to prepare confidential reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with government organizations. Aptitude to learn and understand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functionality, Visual Manufacturing software, and other computer software programs/systems utilized on the job.
- Planning and Organizational Skills. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Exceptional professionalism, prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to set goals that align workload with strategic goals and knowledge of market and competition.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Seeks increased responsibilities.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, works in an office and shop floor manufacturing environment. Must be able to withstand; temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons, light to moderate amount of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise. Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Up to 10% domestic travel via automobile or air may be required.
Benefit Offerings Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Retirement with match
- Profit Sharing
- PPE Provided
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice