Sales Engineer (Flat Glass) -Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the U.S. Glass Sales teams the Sales Engineer, is responsible for managing and growing Pyrotek’s sales of technical products and solutions to our core Glass customers. You will work closely with our world class technical sales team to develop and build long term mutually beneficial relationships with Pyrotek’s Glass customer base.
This position will work remotely from a home-based office and ideal candidate will live in the Mid-West region. If candidate desires an office-based environment, closest Pyrotek facility would be Columbia City, IN or Aurora, OH.
- Responsible for established sales accounts.
- Establishing a working relationship with customer base to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Negotiating pricing, minimum order quantities and stocking agreements with vendors, supplies and customers. Communicate changes in customer demands internally.
- Providing technical support to customers. Using positive internal collaboration, resolve problems on behalf of your customers.
- Soliciting sales of new or additional products via telephone or in person. Preparing, pricing, and presenting quotations. Set final new prices, margins, quotations on new products or services.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor’s activities. Employing counter measures to beat or contain competition.
- Prospecting for new customers. Preparing, pricing, and presenting quotations.
- Developing and preparing customer stocking agreements and presenting to supply chain for final review prior to customer signing. At least quarterly, reviewing agreements levels versus actual performance and hold customer accountable to follow terms of agreement.
- Assisting as needed to resolve customer accounts receivable issues.
- Presenting internal and customer technical presentations, as requested.
- Meeting/exceeding sales and gross profit targets for assigned territory.
- Actively strategize with management on sales tactics.
- Establish and cultivate strong working relationships with customer base to meet and exceed their expectations by providing sales support for assigned divisions/products
- Setting final new prices, margins, quotations on new products or services.
- Establishing positive working relationships with the customer. Fielding territory customer calls, receiving orders and responding to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishing positive and collaborative working relationships with internal sales engineers, manufacturing operations, applicable vendors and supplies to ensure customer’s expectations are met.
- Working up and pricing quotes, gathering data, preparing reports and/or presentations.
- Visit customers at their facilities for the purpose of selling, building customer rapport, and/or training, as required to meet customer expectations.
- Research and resolve all customer problems and requests, including defining best products as a solution. Field and bring to resolution complaints concerning billing or products. Document complaints and/or feedback from customers in a timely manner. Initiate RMA’s/customers credits when required.
- Work with customer service, operations and supply chain as needed to ensure order fulfilment expectations are met.
- Utilize Contact Management database (CRM) to complete trip reporting and internal sales relationship communication in a timely manner. Ensure travel expense reporting is accurate and timely manner.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or a related technical discipline, plus 5+ years of related work/sales experience in a technical or process related industry, preferably within the glass industry. Demonstrated success/aptitude in industrial business to business is preferred, however individuals who have hands on experience with bending, tempering or manufacturing flat glass may be considered for this position. Experience utilizing a CRM tool and/or other reporting functions to document client contact and supporting client operations is also a plus.
- Customer Service. Passion for providing a high level of customer service and business development activities along with an in-depth understanding of glass manufacturing, sales and customer service practices. Proven ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service and assistance. Consistently meet commitments.
- Mechanical Aptitude and Business Acumen. Ability to build relationships and sell technical solutions in an industrial setting. Demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability and prices products and services accordingly. Demonstrated knowledge of market and competition. Analyzes market and competition. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue. Effectively utilizes organizational resources. Aligns work with strategic goals. Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Power Bi, Visual and ERP and CRM Systems.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in person or over the phone in positive or negative situations. Able to listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively with diverse group of people at all levels with internal and external customers. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
- Travel. Ability to travel domestically as needed to customer facilities with overnight travel as a job requirement.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within Pyrotek and customer manufacturing environments. Employee is exposed occasionally to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions when in the manufacturing environment.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice