Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineer will apply principles of electricity and power to evaluate, design, and implement electrical systems for various plant specific equipment and processes. The engineer will identify specific key components to be used in various equipment and control systems and evaluate current processes and equipment for safety, reliability, and performance, as well as also develop and create documents to support various projects.
- Successfully develop and implement electrical engineering processes for capital equipment electrical controls that will improve productivity and reduce costs in the overall manufacturing process.
- Accurately design, develop and calculate electrical engineering processes and requirements for electrical capital equipment to meet internal needs that may include but not limited to:
- Power requirements; including motors, heaters, SCR’s (Silicone Controlled Rectifier) and other electrical equipment.
- PLC/HMI (Programmable Logic Controller/Human Machine Interface) control architecture.
- Control algorithms for both direct and distributed control using both digital and analog controllers.
- Control schemes, Process Flow Diagrams, and P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram) logic to control furnaces and other thermal capital equipment.
- Conscientiously develop engineering cost estimates to provide project quotes for internal review.
- Efficiently and effectively manage electrical engineering projects to meet cost and schedule requirements.
- Oversee inventory of furnace controllers throughout the site including programming, troubleshooting, and repairing controllers as necessary.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our Videos!!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering; plus three years of engineering experience designing engineering solutions for manufacturing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience programming Allen Bradley programmable logic controllers (AB PLCs) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) preferred.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Working knowledge of AutoCAD electrical software preferred.
Technical Skills. Ability to design workflows and procedures. Comprehensive understanding of designs and specifications from the utility distribution downstream to the specification of transformers, VFD's (Variable Frequency Drive), SCR's (Silicone Controlled Rectifier), etc. Gas burner controls a plus. Understanding of NFPA 79, NFPA 86 (National Fire Protection Association), and UL508A (Underwriters Laboratories) requirements preferred.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, works in an office and shop floor manufacturing environment. Must be able to withstand; temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons, light to moderate amount of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise. Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required.
#electricalengineering #engineering #manufacturing #engineeringjobs #pyrotekhiringnow
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice