Supply Chain Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plans and monitors inventory levels of all production related products. Purchases, monitors inventory levels and support our manufacturing operations. Ensure organization and accuracy of inventory levels.
- Effectively plan, monitor and purchase production products and supplies, to include:
- Creating and closing out product work orders by inputting data from Graphite, Anode, BPF, and MAC department production records into PLEX/VISUAL.
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery.
- Ensure lot traceability throughout the production and supply process in PLEX/VISUAL.
- Using Infor VISUAL and/or PLEX to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory.
- Examining and investigating misidentified or count discrepancies of products and raw material in all departments and assists in determining the causes for the difference(s).
- Assisting in the monitoring and organization of raw materials, equipment, products and other projects in multiple departments.
- Accurately entering order details (e.g., vendors, quantities, prices) into PLEX/VISUAL or other internal systems.
- Manage small-batch inventory, including labeling, system tracking, and set-up of warehouse storage location.
- Complete all required reports in a timely manner including scrap, production status and material exception reports.
- Assist other team members by using the PLEX/VISUAL system with preparing, issuing, and closing work orders for all departments as needed.
- Prepare reports for management on stock levels, shortages, and related issues.
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Coordinate the distribution of plant safety supplies with production and service departments.
- Research potential vendors and opportunities for cost reduction in supplies.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Complete RMA’s (Return Material Authorization) through VISUAL with the direction from Sales/Quality Manager.
- Coordinate with departments’ staff to ensure proper identification/storage of supplies and products.
- Collaborate with warehouse team members and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
- Serve as back-up to Production Control Supervisor for non-supervisory functions, as needed.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience HS Degree, plus a minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with enterprise resource planning is preferred.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to professionally and efficiently communicate with outside vendors. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to input data into inventory control systems.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient MS Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of enterprise resource planning for manufacturing software, preferably Infor VISUAL and/or PLEX.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member will work in both an office and manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the team member may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice