CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Monday - Thursday, 3pm - 1am
- Program CNC/ Manual Equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches. Accurately calculate requirements to include basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. Utilize G-code and/or conversational programming, as required.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters. Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Ensure continuous improvement and review of set up methods and machining practices to reduce scrap, process variability, and target cost reductions in these areas.
- Set-up CNC/Manual Equipment by installing and adjusting three to four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers, and indicating vices and trimming heads.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls; and sharpening and replacing worn tools. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing Total Productive Maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
Minimum three years of work experience as a CNC Machinist or successful completion of an associate’s degree in machining.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communications Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Application Skills: Proficient CNC machining skills (programming, tooling knowledge, and ability to read blueprints.) Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Proficient with math skills, especially geometric calculations. Ability to identify and implement improvements. Ability to perform G-code and/or conversational programming required.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
Machining/Programming Skills: Proficient CNC Machining/Programming knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure proficiency in performing CNC machining projects, to include the ability to the use of and accurate interpretation of dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Ability to perform multiple machining projects simultaneously.
Mathematical Skills: Basic HS level math skills required, including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where team member is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
#PyrotekHiring #CNCJobs #carlislePAjobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice