Mold Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule: Monday - Friday 1:15 pm - 9:45 pm (2nd shift)
Responsible for the processing of boards and caster tips utilizing heated hydraulic presses.
- Continuously and efficiently operate multiple hydraulic presses concurrently. Ensures priorities and sequences are followed in producing product to meet filter customer requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, including proper storage and maintenance of tools for production needs.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Ensure accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring new opportunities to add value.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
Salisbury Pyrotek is a great place to work! Check out our Video!
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Performance and salary reviews at 90, 180 days (annually, thereafter)
- Cross training for all team members
- Generous team member referral program
- Training opportunities & promoting from within
- Uniforms provided
- PPE gear provided (includes boots and prescription safety glasses)
- Pyrotek Swag throughout the year
- Plant performance team lunches
- Collaborative & Innovative Environment
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Qualifications: High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences, preferred. Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training, preferred.
- Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Job Specific Skills/Abilities: Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to perform basic mathematics to measure and determine required materials with or without a calculator, including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing figures that include fractions and decimals.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers and feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 40 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities required both up close and distant sight abilities.
Work solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot (+90F) and cold (40F) environmental conditions.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice