Press Operator - 2nd shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 4:30 pm - 3:00 am
Starting wage is $17.75 + Shift Differential
Responsible for the processing of Tinplate and Wire-mesh material into finished and semi-finished product via various slitting, cutting and punching techniques.
- Process Tinplate and Wire-mesh material into finished and semi-finished product via various slitting, cutting and punching techniques, to include:
- Accurately reading work order instructions and carryout operations as required.
- Proficiently operate punch presses, obtaining hourly production rates and timely recording of materials and hourly production tracking boards.
- Following priorities and sequences in producing product to meet Tinplate Filter customer requirements.
- Accurately and proficiently complete all quality checks and immediately notify Team Leader of any out of tolerance readings.
- Notifying the Team Leader immediately regarding any barrier in meeting production requirements.
- Continuously keep work area clean at all times, including machine and floor.
- Perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks as assigned.
- Continuously identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
Columbia City Pyrotek is a great place to work! Watch our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- 4 day work-weeks!
- Safety PPE provided (can include prescription safety glasses)
- Generous benefits and compensation (some benefits start day 1)
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Team Member of the Month (up to 5 hours of paid time off & $$)
- Team Member Appreciation (coveted parking spot)
- Birthdays and special occasions recognized
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Must Haves: A minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing or machine shop experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills: Capable computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access ADP Employee Self Service. General entry level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Performance Management: Ability to understand and perform basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Ability to develop functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Competent ability to achieve hourly production requirements.
Manufacturing Skills: Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the team member is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers and handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally team lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, basic calculator and telephone. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work solely within a manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Team member is regularly exposed to noise (hearing protection is required), heat and cold environmental conditions.
#manufacturingjobs #pressoperator #swingshift #pyrotekcareers #pyrotekhiringnow
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice