Mill Maintenance 2nd or 3rd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for installing, disassembling and maintaining the good condition and functionality of all industrial plant equipment needed for production operations. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment, facilities and related property.
Shift: Monday-Friday *Flexible hours 2nd shift or 3rd shift
Pay range starting at $26/hourly, depending on experience. Shift differential also offered.
- Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of production equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance, including but not limited to mixers, furnaces, conveyors, pumps, and cranes/hoists.
- Perform general maintenance on all mechanical and electrical equipment, facilities, and property, including:
Interpret wiring diagrams, and electrical schematics in order to accurately and effectively trouble shoot and repair electrical equipment.
Using a variety of hand and power tools, perform required work from sketches, blueprints and drawings, diagnose/repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, perform basic welding, cutting and fabrication and perform layout work including planning of piping, framework, and electrical systems.
- Quickly interpret maintenance and/or safety problems and issues as they arise and promptly report to the appropriate team member or supervisor.
- Ability to understand when there is a problem and report it to their supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensure tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available when needed.
- Ensure both internal and outside customer demands are met in a timely manner, reporting potential lag times to supervisor as soon as feasible.
- Maintain good physical condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and proper PPE required at all times.
Why work for Pyrotek? Watch our video!
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Safety Incentives (can include a paid day off!)
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- Safety PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided, Boots & Prescription Safety Glasses (after 90 days)
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
HS Diploma or GED, plus three (3) years of maintenance experience in an industrial/military setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in an industrial/military setting. Experience in repair/maintenance and installation/dismantling of industrial equipment/machines required. Associates Degree in a technical discipline is a plus.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Machine/Equipment Skills. Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic automation troubleshooting and other systems. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Basic understanding of controls wiring, switches, sensors, actuators, electromechanical devices, motors etc. Ability to safety and effectively use a variety of hand tools, such as hammers and levels, as well as equipment for welding, brazing, and cutting and ability to use measuring tools, such as micrometers, measuring tapes, lasers, and other precision-measuring devices. Ability to safety use forklift, cranes, hoists, winches, and other equipment to move large machinery pieces. High level of manual dexterity required.
- Communication Skills. Ability to write legible basic notes. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions. Ability to clearly communicate job related information/directions in one-on-one and small group situations with other team members.
- Customer Service Computer/Applications Skills. Basic computer skills required, to include ability to enter electronic requisitions into a database.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to work off shifts such as afternoons, mid-nights, weekends, holidays, etc. and respond to emergency call ins, when required. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide figures to include fractions and decimals. Trained and certified in forklift operations.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, kneeling and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds and power lifts, talk or hear. Employee is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position the employee will work in a manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the employee may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
#manufacturing #maintenance #maintenancejobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice