Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Quality Engineer will focus on sustaining and improving the site quality systems through oversight, analysis, and evaluation. Applying tools of quality and statistics to measure product conformance and to determine the capability of production processes. Engaging with internal and external customers to resolve and lower quality defect rates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to efficiently resolve quality issues that arise in order to prevent compromising quality standards.
- Collaborate effectively with purchasing and supply chain departments to ensure that critical supplies, raw material, calibrated tools, testing services, and calibration services are supplied to the internally developed written specifications and standards.
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to with Quality Management systems (ISO9001 & IATF16949).
- Write clear and concise work instructions as required for, product testing, quality control, product specification and other processes or departments.
- Train site teams on the requirements for the quality management systems. Such as, document control, raw material specification, part inspection, etc. Keep accurate records of training which has been conducted for each team member.
- Establish Statics Process Control charts using Minitab for tracking, reporting production processes. Actively and collaboratively work with engineering teams on correcting production processes identified.
- Collect, compile, and validate necessary statistics in order to complete accurate monthly metrics data. Report out on metrics performance against stated quality goals.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams, production, engineer, shipping, purchasing and maintenance to improve the site quality performance against goals and ensure quality control of processes in all production departments.
- Positively and proactively participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements.
- Participate in the development and refinement of design and process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- When quality issues are identified, collaborate effectively with all departments to review plans, change orders, and improve instructions and inspection of products.
- Actively participate in production team meetings to improve processes to meet customer expectations.
- Engage with internal customers to gather product feedback as needed. Respond to customers and sales engineers in a clear and timely manner for all quality related matters and customer complaints, communicate root cause and effective corrections.
- Provide support for continuous improvement activities when implementing corrective actions from ISO 9001 & IATF16949 audits, or customer complaints in regard to quality.
- Act as the primary contact, leader and coordinator for all internal and external quality audits.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science, with a minimum of (3) three years of quality experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), IATF16949 and ISO 9001 is strongly preferred. Past supervisory experience a plus.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe. Entrepreneurial attitude toward work center excellence.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ability to communicate proactively.
- Strategic Change Agent. Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions. Ability to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek and actively lead in development/execution of strategic goals and objectives related to assigned responsibility.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Experienced in applying various RCA tools such as 5-why, 8D, Pareto for problem solving. Basic knowledge of statistical tools and their practical application. Six-sigma yellow belt or higher a plus. Knowledge of Lean is a plus.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Displays willingness to make decisions and work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical and strategic thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Highly organized, detail oriented and self-disciplined. Ability to make and implement firm decisions based on the needs of the business with other peers/departments.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development and life-long learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives. Demonstrated passion for developing others.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Exposure to airborne graphite dust.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment or on a manufacturing shop floor where PPE may be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice