Cutting Machine Operator / Material Handler
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Spokane Industrial Park - Building 14
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
A great opportunity for someone who wants variety in their day! The engaged individual will have a blend of material handling and machine operation on a day-to-day basis. The Cutting Machine Operator/Material Handler will operate a computer-controlled machine to trim and cut a variety of textiles/fabrics. They will assist in maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling materials from inventory, delivering production material and supplies and staging finished product.
- Complete daily pre-operation forklift checklist to ensure forklift is in safe working order.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, carts, and shelves by hand, power hoist or forklift.
- Accurately read drawings and follow standard operating procedures to cut a variety of fabrics and materials.
- Perform quality inspections and complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Perform housekeeping tasks regularly ensuring proper storage of department supplies.
- Promptly, correctly and effectively troubleshoot cutting machines as required.
- Regularly and perform general preventative maintenance on cutting machines.
- Assist in reviewing pick sheets based on customer orders (production demand), ensuring the right products are picked and packed for each order.
- Perform efficient and accurate part kitting and delivery of kits to production lines.
Why work for Pyrotek?
- Competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Generous team member referral program
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High school diploma or GED, preferred, but not required. Experience in a manufacturing environment as well as warehouse picking, kitting and/or experience using industrial cutting machines is preferred.
Ability to obtain forklift and scissor lift certification is required.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Must be able to set effective priorities and adjust quickly and appropriately to changing demands and needs.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Basic computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products a plus, but not required. Familiarity with RF scanning guns and inventory modules.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to read basic, non-complex drawings. Strong critical thinking skills, judgement and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools as well as drive forklift safely and effectively. Basic math skills required.
- Material Handling. Ability to uses hoists, and various hand and power tools such as steel cutters, crowbar and claw-hammer, and weigh scales. Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints. Ability to operate and obtain certification to operate forklift and scissor lift.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally, up to 50 pounds frequently. Ability to work with fiberglass and ceramic materials. Required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) in designated areas, such as safety glasses. Must be able to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces. Occasionally required to work with personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in a warehouse environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open shipping doors. Minimal amount of outdoor work may be required loading/unloading flatbed trucks. Team member is occasionally exposed to warm or hot conditions (non-weather), dust and hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment can be high.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice