Electrical Controls Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Electronic Controls Engineer will design electrical control and power systems for customer applications involving process control and heating in various thermal system applications in the metal furnace, sintering, and metal treatment industries. They will identify specific key components to be used in the control system. This position will lead other control engineers and designers in developing design documents to build and install the systems.
This position will not only support our Aurora, OH facility, but also work closely with our Cortland, NY facility.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Successfully develop and implement electrical engineering processes for electrical controls that will improve productivity and reduce costs in the overall manufacturing process of capital equipment for customers in the thermal and hot material transport industries.
- Effectively provide training and mentoring of new Designers and Controls Engineers.
- Accurately design, develop and calculate electrical engineering processes and requirements for electrical capital equipment to meet the needs of customers in the thermal and hot material transport industries that may include but aren’t limited to:
- Power requirements; including motors, heaters, SCR’s (Silicone Controlled Rectifier) and other electrical equipment.
- PLC/HMI (Programmable Logic Controller/Human Machine Interface) control architecture.
- Control algorithms for both direct and distributed control using both digital and analog controllers.
- System Requirement tables to assure design compliance with customer bid documents.
- Control schemes, Process Flow Diagrams, and P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram) logic to control furnaces other thermal capital equipment.
- Competently interface with customers to develop and/or clarify bid documents and specifications.
- Conscientiously develop engineering cost estimates to provide project quotes to sales engineers.
- Efficiently manage electrical engineering projects to meet cost and schedule requirements.
- Effectively oversee designers developing control panel, P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram), cable and conduit schedules, and other parts of industrial equipment fabrication and installation documents.
- Collaboratively partner with other engineers and program managers to develop creative solutions that meet customer specifications.
- Skillfully and professionally assist customers with the startup and commissioning of custom capital equipment control systems.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our Videos!!
- Competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Popcorn Thursday's!
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering; plus two years of engineering experience designing engineering solutions for capital equipment manufacturers. Leading projects in the hot materials industry preferred (steel, aluminum, glass, sintered metals, heat treatment, foundry, etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adaptability Skills. Adapts to rapid changes in the work environment while managing competing demands.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ability to present numerical data effectively. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Working knowledge of AutoCAD electrical software preferred. Working knowledge of Solidworks PDM (Product Data Management) Vault or similar system.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out” and develop alternative solutions. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to adapt to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events. Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information. Ability to collect and research data.
- Technical Skills. Ability to design workflows and procedures. Strong understanding of business implications of decisions and orientation of decisions to profitability. Ability to look for and take advantage of opportunities and ask for help when needed. Comprehensive understanding of designs and specifications from the utility distribution downstream to the specification of transformers, VFD's (Variable Frequency Drive), SCR's (Silicone Controlled Rectifier), etc. Gas burner controls a plus. Understanding of NFPA 79, NFPA 86 (National Fire Protection Association), and UL508A (Underwrites Laboratories) requirements preferred.
- Planning and Organizational Skills. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities for the Controls Engineers and Designers. Exceptional professionalism, prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to set goals that align workload with strategic goals and knowledge of market and competition.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Seeks increased responsibilities.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, works in an office and shop floor manufacturing environment. Must be able to withstand; temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons, light to moderate amount of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise. Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. International and domestic travel as necessary, approximately 10%-20%.
#electricalcontrols #engineeringjobs #engineer #electricalengineeringjobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice