Supply Chain Buyer/Planner
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Broad responsibility for all aspects of material flow from raw material acquisition to delivery of finished goods, including MRP planning, obtaining material requirements by verifying, preparing and coordinating the purchase of raw, semi-finished, finished and consumable materials needed for production and customer specifications.
- Accurately prepare purchase orders, drive cost improvements, solicit bid proposals, review requisitions for goods and services, and maintain records of goods and services purchased.
- Support production planning by creating engineering masters and creating, updating and printing work orders.
- Review and source to product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all orders to be shipped and for safety stock, by planning, coordinating, verifying availability of materials (inventoried and consumables) and releasing work orders to production using MRP.
- Research and analyze potential and existing suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities to make sourcing decisions.
- Ensure quality information for customer service and sales team to allow proper communication with team members in the event of a customer order shipping delay.
- Arrange shipment of products and prepare proper shipping documentation and expedite shipments as needed to ensure on-time customer delivery. Obtain freight quotes for product shipments as needed.
- Assist production in inventory transaction issues and provide resolution to ensure accurate inventory levels and work order costs.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Associate Degree in Logistics or related field, plus a minimum of two years of experience in production control, planning, and/or purchasing; or a combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Access and Excel, and MRP planning and processing.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking, math, statistics and analytical skills. Keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional judgement, prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Supply Chain/Planning. Knowledge of supply chain management, materials management and planning fundamentals, including operational management, purchasing, logistics, material requirements planning, inventory management, service scheduling and product/service design. Strong negotiation skills, including ability to influence and persuade others, develop reasoned arguments, listen and make decisions about how to allocate scarce resources. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain vendor relationships through exceptional customer service. Working knowledge of cost accounting and manufacturing methods and procedures. Strong math, statistics and analytical thinking skills required.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment with occasional work in the manufacturing environment where PPE is required and noise, heat, fumes, and other hazardous environmental elements exist.
#pyrotekhiring #pyrotekcareers #supplychain #buyerplanner
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice