Process Quality Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Pyrotek's Process Quality Engineer identifies, initiates and evaluates continuous process improvement related to safety and quality systems. Provides leadership for process improvement projects, working collaboratively with operational teams.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Optimize manufacturing processes in a cross functional team environment. Processes to include:
- Process Flow (Applying lean principles to include tool/equipment organizational improvements)
- Ensure inspection processes are being followed on the manufacturing floor. Escalate issues as needed.
- Collaborate actively and effectively in the development of and creation work instructions and fixtures.
- Promptly create Certificate of Conformity for the production floor for customer requests as needed.
- Maintain accurate calibration of gages routinely and sign off for production personnel to ensure quality product to customers.
- Administer and facilitate the Return Material Authorizations for defects following Quality Department procedures.
- Promptly upload Suppliers Certificate of Inspection data in spreadsheets for maintaining historical supplier records.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Safety PPE provided (can include prescription safety glasses)
- Generous benefits and compensation (some benefits start day 1)
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
Computer/Applications Skills. Excellent analytical and math skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including being proficient in Excel and chart creation. SolidWorks experience. Programming in Gibbs multi-axis machining experience preferable in GibbsCAM or Mastercam. Experience with calipers, micrometers, and various gauges is required.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Data collection experience.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an manufacturing environment.
#engineeringjobs #engineer #pyrotekcareers #pyrotekhiringnow #qualityengineer #processimprovement
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice