CAD & Design Standards Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The CAD & Design Standards Engineer will implement & administer all aspects of the CAD functionalities in the engineering group. Validate all drawings created prior to releasing to production. Develop & maintain processes and standards to streamline outputs throughout the department and provide training to the team. Perform Mechanical Design work when needed to support business conditions.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Develop, evaluate, and enhance manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Effectively manage the administration, installation, trouble shooting and customization of all Inventor Modeling and CAD Engineering systems to including:
- Develop training for team members on drafting standards and CAD programs.
- Provide Engineering CAD and 3D Modeling Support.
- Support all Inventor Modeling and CAD Engineering operations.
- Enforce Modeling and CAD standards.
- Maintain Engineering CAD and Modeling processes and procedures. Create new documentation when required.
- Create and maintain Engineering’s platforms to include:
- Vault document management system, including creation of folder structure and initiate projects in vault for designers to begin work once a new order is entered.
- Inventor Model Library.
- Apply statistical methods to appropriately estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Plan and coordinate manufacturing processes. Confer with planning and design department concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Ensure project due dates are met and communicate to team when the checking/design plan will be impacted.
- Review and approve all electrical and mechanical drawing releases and work packages for conformance with established drafting standards as well as form, fit & function.
- Print, release & provide planning all new engineering packages from the Vault to the design team.
- In Visual, create part numbers for all projects, both fabricated and purchased parts.
- Create software programs and Macros to improve Engineering Designer efficiency.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with plant leadership as well as Supply Chain & Planning including reports on:
- New release projects and project status.
- Track & Distribute all Quality Improvement Requests (QIRs) to engineering team and report out weekly on status of each.
- Participate as a technical expert with other engineers and designers on required project related model & design reviews.
- Track project issues and communicate once project has shipped.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Safety PPE provided (can include prescription safety glasses)
- Generous benefits and compensation (some benefits start day 1)
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Great Team!
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Must Haves: Minimum AAS Degree in Engineering or Technology plus five (5) years of mechanical design and administrative experience in 3D CAD and Vault systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems including Inventor, 3D and CAD based systems, VAULT Document Management, CAD Large format printers and scanners. Experience writing LISP programs to support Autodesk CAD systems is a plus. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Engineering. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem solving. Strong analysis, design, and implementation experience. Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement and proactive approaches. Experience with tool design, product/process risk assessment, equipment design and automatization, test methods development and validation, design validation and verification, process technical writing, and regulations knowledge.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment.
#engineeringjobs #engineer #pyrotekcareers #pyrotekhiringnow
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice