Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Pyrotek's Systems Engineer ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions, achieved through monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. Apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
This position will be a hybrid (in office/remote) position. The set schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, with the ability to flex your schedule based on global and regional support. When in office, the individual will sit in our downtown, Corporate Headquarters facility.
- Ensure effective strategy and planning through:
- Collaborating with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Working with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure effective acquisition and deployment through:
- Designing and deploying new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Performing cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conducting research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Overseeing new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interacting and negotiating with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Ensure effective management of operations through:
- Gauging the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; developing and implementing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Proposing and creating system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Designing and performing server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrating servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensuring system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Configuring virtual server and storage area network systems.
- Creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensuring compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinating and performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitoring and testing system performance; prepare and delivering system performance statistics and reports.
- Providing orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Why work for Pyrotek?
- Flexible, hybrid schedule
- Global reach
- Dynamic, collaborative, innovative Team Members across the world
- Excellent compensation and benefit plans
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, plus a minimum of two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven experience with:
- overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products;
- systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices;
- virtual server environments, such as VMware and Hyper-V; and
- software troubleshooting.
Experience with storage area networks, SANS, Nimble and StorMagic and/or experience in a global manufacturing environment a plus.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Displays humility and adaptability. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Entrepreneurial attitude toward work center excellence.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- System Engineering/Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to design, develop and implement software systems, applications and related products. Excellent working knowledge of systems planning, security principles and general software management best practices. Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, virtual server environments, including VMware and Hyper-V, storage area networks, SANs. Working knowledge of Nimble and StorMagic, a plus. Excellent software troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge of network and PC Operating systems, primarily windows based; Linux a plus. Competency with testing, flowcharting and data mapping tools and procedures. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Strong financial analytical capabilities for developing profitable product strategies. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Displays willingness to make decisions and work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Highly organized, detail oriented and self-disciplined.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing, and effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in an office environment.
#Pyrotekhiringnow #pyrotekcareers #systemsengineerjobs #systemengineer #infrastureengineer #ITjobs #ISjobs #globalIT
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice