Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 6:00 am - 4:00 pm
Maintenance Technician Summary: Responsible for installing and maintaining the good condition and functionality of all industrial plant equipment needed for production operations. Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, facilities, and related property.
- Responsibilities to include:
- Working and troubleshooting PLC’s, controls wiring, switches, sensors, actuators, electromechanical devices, motors etc.
- Interpreting wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams and electrical schematics to trouble shoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Using necessary tools/equipment to work on industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting (up to/including 480volt 3 phase).
- Operating of low voltage switchgear for shutdowns and repairs.
- Performing required work from sketches, blueprints and drawings.
- Diagnosing/repairing of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installing and repairing of plumbing and piping.
- Performing basic welding, cutting and fabrication.
- Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of production equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance, including mixers, furnaces, conveyors, pumps, cranes/hoists, CNC Routers, etc.
- Ensure that tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available when needed.
Salisbury Pyrotek is a great place to work! Check out our Video!
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Performance and salary reviews at 90, 180 days
- Cross training for all team members
- Generous team member referral program
- Training opportunities & promoting from within
- Uniforms provided
- PPE gear provided (includes boots and prescription safety glasses)
- Pyrotek Swag throughout the year
- Plant performance team lunches
- Collaborative, Innovative and Team Environment
- Four-Day Work Weeks
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Vocational Degree in a technical discipline, plus five (5) years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in repair/maintenance and installation/dismantling of industrial plant equipment required.
Must Possess Valid Drivers License with Good Driving Record.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Flexibility to adjust plans and schedules to accommodate team member requests and to work overtime.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions. Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Machine/Equipment Skills. The ability to read electrical schematics, ladder logic a plus. Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic automation troubleshooting and other systems. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Working knowledge of tools, common equipment and devices used in machine/plant maintenance. Demonstrated high level of manual dexterity.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, kneeling and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds and power lifts, talk or hear. Team member is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position the team member will work in a manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the team member may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne ceramic dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
#maintenancetechnican #maintenancetechnicianjobs #manufacturingmaintenance #pyrotekhiring #Salisburyjobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice