Graphite Furnace Rebuilder
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Supports operations by tearing down, rebuilding, and maintaining the continuous graphitization furnaces.
Shift: Monday - Friday 7am-320pm
Pay range $18-$25 depending on experience
- Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of the graphite furnaces and accessory equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance, to include:
- Performing routine work such as tearing down and rebuilding graphite furnaces and furnace equipment.
- Performing basic preventive maintenance on related equipment such as capsule pushers, airlock, furnaces, water room and other accessory equipment, such as greasing/lubing, to ensure maximum machine performance.
- Ability to operate a fork truck to transport or transfer different materials.
- Accurately perform required work following written PCN’s and supervisor instructions.
- Perform Labor/Helper essential functions/manual labor, as directed
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Safety Incentives (can include a paid day off!)
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- Safety PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided, Boots & Prescription Safety Glasses (after 90 days)
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. So please watch your email for that link!
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, plus a minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing or related experience, preferably at Pyrotek.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to write legible basic notes. Ability to clearly communicate job related information/directions in one-on-one and small group situations with other team members. Ability to direct and train others following established guidelines.
- Computer/Application Skills. Basic knowledge and ability to effectively use a computer or ability to learn.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction, as well as collaboratively, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions.
- Job Specific Skills. Ability to safety and effectively utilize hand tools or equipment, including drills, hammer, sanders, blenders, mixers, etc. Ability to be certified and operate a forklift proficiently and safely. Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical calculations including adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, kneeling and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds and power lifts, and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Team member is required to lift up 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member generally will work in a manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the team member may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite and sand dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
#manufacturingjobs #pyrotek #pyrotekhiring #production #graphitefurnace
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice