Field Services Team Leader
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Evansville, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Candidate ideally would be located in Indiana or Tennessee area. Heavy travel can allow position to work remotely.
The Field Services Team Leader is responsible for coordinating, leading and managing all tactical aspects of field service activity for Pyrotek USA Foundry and Aluminum division work. This would include working alongside the field service team as a working team leader ensuring that safety is top priority while managing to meet or exceed customer expectations on projects within budget.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Travel with Field Services team, leading, supporting and working alongside individuals on customer projects including, furnace cleaning, refractory repair, equipment installation/repair projects and other identified field service opportunities.
- Ensure specific requirements for the project/service meet or exceed customer expectations and assist team members with difficult or unusual services, making decisions about disposition of these issues or the need to see additional authorization for action.
- Provide leadership to ensure all work on customer projects is performed in a safe and professional manner, consistently adhering to all Pyrotek and host site policies. Ensure routine housekeeping activities are performed to maintain a safe work area.
- Ensure team members demonstrate appropriate demeanor, technical accuracy, and efficiency and they receive appropriate meal and rest breaks and hydration, if needed, while performing demanding duties such as furnace cleaning.
- Provide feedback to management regarding manufacturing problems and offer recommendations for solutions.
- Work with management oversight to qualify and create proposals to obtain field service opportunities in the Foundry and Aluminum divisions. This may include visiting customer locations to qualify and quantify the scope of work for projects, then working with the appropriate division or plants to create proposals to present to customers.
- Assist with business growth by working in collaboration with the foundry and aluminum sales team to identify and quote field service opportunities, as needed.
- Assist operations in service-oriented duties, such as rebuilding pumps, relining furnaces, repairing ladles, etc.
- Operate commercial van, forklift, hoist, and pallet truck to safely move parts and material.
- Assist in the warehouse, as needed.
- Provide support to our pump rebuild technician(s) in times of extra resource needs. This may include performing bench and floor work as assigned to assemble, construct, build and repair pumps and similar units and may require some or all the flowing functions: grinding, sanding, cementing, wrapping, painting, and/or laminating.
- Perform equipment setup and/or in field service adjustments. Ensure assemblies are altered or adjusted for a specified fit or specification range.
- Provide customer specific training on topics such as newly installed equipment, furnace cleaning, troubleshooting activity and other field service-related activities that may arise.
- Provide customer specific solutions which may include managing customer site assigned teams of service personnel to provide specific activities at customer locations; for example, directing and managing a group of technicians assigned to a customer that rebuilds pump assemblies at a customer location.
Why work for Pyrotek?
- Competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Associate degree in a technical field, plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience in managing small technical service teams in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with driving a forklift and a commercial non-CDL van and fabrication is required.
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to obtain a DOT medical examiner’s certificate is required. US Passport or ability to obtain required.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Demonstrated ability to proactively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response, and effective resolution skills and to work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization. Ability to interact with customers effectively and positively to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve issues. Ability to speak Spanish fluently required.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Visual Manufacturing.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Warehouse. Ability to understand basic planning and scheduling. Proficient knowledge of materials movement, inventory accuracy and cycle counting. Ability to operate and be certified to operate a forklift proficiently/safely.
- Technical. High-level ability to test, troubleshoot, service, and repair mechanical and automated equipment, including high temperature furnaces. Working knowledge of RS Logics platform programming highly desired. Exhibit a high mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand tools and power tools proficiently and safely. Ability to safely operate a commercial van and maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements.
- Flexibility. Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and perform beyond a normal workday as needed to support customer needs.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air up to 60% with overnight stays of 2-3 weeks a month. US Passport or ability to obtain.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the team member is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers to handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally team lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. While performing Field Service functions the team member may be required to drive a commercial van, obeying all State and Federal DOT laws. communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member primarily works in a warehouse / manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required such as safety shoes, safety glasses, foundry clothing (fire resistant jackets, face shields, gloves, spats, etc.) and respirators. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods on hard surfaces. Team member is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions in the warehouse/manufacturing environment. Travel by land or air up to 60%.
#pyrotekcareers #pyrotekhiring #Fieldservices #teamlead
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice