Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for coordination, implementation and sustainment of the safety, health and environmental activities at assigned US operations. Ensure compliance with all related federal, state and local regulations. Responsible for the creation of a healthy and safe workplace.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Coordinate, implement and sustain the safety, health and environmental functions for assigned USA operational sites.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures. Conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis. Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations and correct unsafe work practices by teaching in the moment and mitigating the risk.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on Pyrotek property are in compliance with Pyrotek’s policies and safety requirements. Promptly rectify and/or report violations.
- Educate team members on safety standards and expectations. Provide regular site training to meet the USA Safety and USA Regulatory training requirements for each supported site.
- Run annual emergency drills to gauge team member readiness.
- Promote an atmosphere of continuous improvement of safety and environmental compliance by working with the USA Quality and Safety team and the site team and driving a behavior-based safety culture characterized by inclusion, accountability, commitment, and teamwork.
- Effectively facilitate root cause analysis investigations relating to accidents, injuries, and near misses. Implement corrective actions as directed/applicable.
- Provide hazard assessment analysis and follow-up activities for new processes and review existing processes for changes in equipment or new legal requirements. Conduct routine investigations for hazards and proactively assists with mitigating identified hazards, in addition to communicating the hazards to area supervisors and managers.
- Under direction of EHS Director and Operations Manager coordinate with sub-contractor or perform hygiene testing as needed.
- Provide timely completion and reporting of required internal reports and metrics and externally required documentation including OSHA injury documentation, OSHA annual reporting requirements, and federal, state, and local environmental reports.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated. Report inspection results to EHS Manager and coordinate to mitigate and correct deficiencies.
- Develop, implement, and review site-specific safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Manage documents and records within the site’s safety, health and environmental areas to meet federal, state, and local requirements.
- Where required, support site to assure successful completion of any required monitoring activities to support and document regulatory compliance.
- Identifies potentially hazardous materials and collect samples for analysis. Coordinate the appropriate and compliant disposal of any hazardous materials.
- Collaborate with USA Environmental Engineer to identify actions required by new or existing legislation, revised manufacturing processes, or new processes and provide support as directed to address regulatory requirements, prepare permits and reports.
- As needed, interact with third party suppliers for activities supporting safety, health and environmental programs. Examples of this interaction may include analytical and testing services, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) sourcing, and corrective action requests. Review and select proper safety gear and supplies for the site and oversee team member testing and equipment fit.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our video!
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Safety Incentives (can include a paid day off!)
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- Safety PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided, Boots & Prescription Safety Glasses (after 90 days)
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. So please watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline, plus two years’ experience in safety, health and/or environmental regulatory activities; or combination of education and experience.
Valid Driver’s License required for multi-site position.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively and communicate with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. High ethical standards and values. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to interact and address behavior deficiencies is essential. Ability to introduce change in performance is essential.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including One Note. Ability to navigate and work with the SharePoint, as well as accessing and effectively searching USA and State web sites for safety and environmental compliance information.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources. Ability to use external information to identify legal requirements for safety and environmental questions. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to prepare confidential reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with government organizations. Aptitude to learn and understand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functionality, Visual Manufacturing software, Sync Manufacturing, and other computer software programs/systems utilized on the job.
- Environmental/Safety. Ability to work with third party suppliers for items related to safety and environmental, including but not limited to, equipment calibration, environmental and industrial hygiene testing, training services, and equipment acquisition and services.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated track record of performing legally and ethically in a regulatory environment. Commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air, domestically up to 10%.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to travel as needed to support multiple sites.
Generally, work in an office environment; however, position will require entry into operations/manufacturing areas for site inspections, site evaluations and testing, and sample gathering where PPE may be required. Up to 10% domestic travel via automobile or air may be required.
#pyrotekcareers #pyrotek #careers #manufacturingjobs #manufacturing #pyrotekhiring #EHScareers #environmentaljobs #safetyjobs #safetyandhealthjobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice