Mechanical Design Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Design, develop, manufacture, and test new or modified mechanical dies and equipment with a high standard of expertise. Oversee and participate in projects from initiation through project completion phase.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Lead and support the engineering activities for large scale product development programs by investigating feasibility, performing design using CAD software, conduct layout review and 2D drawing creation. Utilize DFM with an end goal of making a better product at a lower cost.
- Analyze and resolve problems with moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Create part specification requirements and BOM.
- Effectively negotiate with surrounding component business units and suppliers.
- Search new ways to increase overall efficiency, utilize up-to-date technology, and reduce design and parts costs.
- Ensure full collaboration with product stakeholders on countermeasures and solutions, including working on the plant floor in a hand-on approach.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical proposal, offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and are aligned with the Company's product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Arrange and take a lead role in proposal review, proposal clarification, and project kick-off meetings.
- Provide support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions as needed.
- Perform project management when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
Why work for Pyrotek? Watch our video!!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Safety PPE provided (can include prescription safety glasses)
- Generous benefits and compensation (some benefits start day 1)
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Great Team!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, plus a minimum of two (2) years of related industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with DFM (Design for Manufacturing) required.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Progressive, flexible and team oriented.
- Communications Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style. Ability to develop and lead effective formal presentations to both internal and external customers. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely, editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Application Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems, including Microsoft Office products, Visio, and 3-D CAD system (preferably with Solidworks).
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Use of resources, analytical skills and process focus to effectively “figure it out.” Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment. Must be hands-on and maintain high energy to drive continuous improvement.
- Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge and hands on application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Understanding and ability to effectively apply DFM (Design for Manufacturing) during the design process.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air, both domestically and internationally up to 5%. Valid US Passport or ability to obtain.
#pyrotekhiringnow #pyrotekcareers #designengineering #mechanicaldesign #engineeringjobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice